Today’s organisations are project heavy.
With the relentless pace of change, reduced costs, and demand for greater efficiency, strategic objectives are now often met through a series of projects involving complex coordination and, of course, large sums of money.
Despite the growing amount of projects, many organisations still score poorly when it comes to their project management maturity. As a result project failure is still far too high.
This creates some real problems.
The winners in this project heavy era are the companies with a formal body managing an organised and tailored approach to all their projects. Every organisation is unique and there is no one size fits all approach when it comes to PMOs. However even with a well managed PMO, the struggle is not yet over.
PMOs usually face three common challenges: doing the right projects; doing projects right; and raising the bar to improve organisational capability.
Here are five key questions to ask yourself about your PMO:
- Are your resource and talent deficiencies hampering the implementation and execution of projects and programmes?
- Are you already operating at 100% capacity to run existing operations, leaving you struggling with dynamic reprioritisation when new projects arise?
- Are you finding it difficult to bridge the gap between your strategy and its day-to-day implementation?
- Are you struggling to make coherent objective decisions from the lack of a single, central project source-of-truth?
- Is your organisation’s strategic vision getting bogged down by day-to-day project blocking and tackling?
If you find yourself agreeing with most of these questions, it's time to take a look at our CO:PMO solution.
We've cracked the code to running successful PMO's that drive and sustain powerful change. CO:PMO is a trusted solution that has helped some of NZ's largest companies such as KiwiRail and Vodafone run their PMOs. CO:PMO brings:
- Continuity: Your PMO is regularly refreshed with market knowledge and best practice.
- Scalability: CO:PMO is a flexile model where additional components can be added over time as your needs evolve.
- Measurability: Agreed KPIs with clear measures for continuous improvement.
- Consistency: Predictable costs and a consistent approach to delivery is maintained.
Choosing CO:PMO means partnering with an expert in Portfolio Management. We take accountability for the PMO's performance, share the risk for it's cost efficiency, and provide the capability to match your needs.
Leverage our collective decades of experience in the successful delivery of programme portfolios and get our lean, ready-to-go processes, tools and templates to transform your PMO. Click here to learn more about our CO:PMO solution.
Get our insights into what’s happening in business and the world of work; interesting news, trends, and perspectives from our Expert community, and access to our data & trend analysis.
Be first in line to read The 360˚ View by subscribing below.